Get Maps, Mods, Servers, Skins, Resource Packs and more for Minecraft PE!
UTK.io is an Android app that makes it easier to customize Minecraft PE.
UTK.io is an unofficial tool for Minecraft: Pocket Edition. Often referred to as Minecraft PE or just MCPE, this is a version of Minecraft for Android and other mobile devices. The goal is to bring MCPE in line with the PC version, and that will eventually be possible thanks to more powerful mobile devices.
Modding is a big part of what has made Minecraft such a phenomenon. UTK.io is a website and web service dedicated to the modding aspect of the game. UTK.io for Minecraft PE is specifically designed for mobile devices. Mojang AB has really done a good job on making Minecraft easier to mod for people on devices other than desktop and laptop computers, and this app just takes that a step further.
UTK.io for Minecraft PE is ad-supported freeware. The main way that the average user will use this app is to peruse the asset collection, download assets and customize their game. The collection includes thousands of mods, maps, skins, texture packs and much more. All of these assets have been created and uploaded by the community and are free to use.
The app also has a neat “skin stealing” aspect. Everything created and uploaded via UTK.io is accessible by all. So, if you see another player using a skin or whatever that you really like, the app lets you find and download it with just his or her username. You can also have favorited creators who you subscribe to. Every time a favorite author creates or upload something new, you’ll be notified.
Once registered with UTK.io, you can upload creations as well. What is perhaps even easier is just to create them right within the UTK.io app. The skin creator lets you create new skins from scratch as well as edit skins that are on your internal storage or an SD card. The texture pack creator lets you create texture packs from scratch as well as edit texture packs that are on your internal storage or an SD card. Better yet, texture packs can be installed to MCPE with just a single tap.
UTK.io for Minecraft PE also features an options editor and tuner for MCPE. This provides you access to the basic MCPE options but better organizes and defines them. It also gives you access to hidden options, such as night vision, and lets you color your username and much more.
The only downside to UTK.io is for advanced creators. It does not have strong import support for premade skins. If, for instance, you have an armor skin that you’d like to add to a texture or series of textures, there is currently no easy way to do that, and there should be.
- Download mods and much more
- Create and upload assets
- Limited support for premade assets
This update adds support for MCPE 0.16.0!
The Texture Pack Creator & Converter have been updated.
We would love to hear from your! Feel free to report bugs by tweeting us @UTKio or sending an email to [email protected] :)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.